Barnes Shop Sales Associate (Part-time)
Description: The Barnes Foundation is seeking two Part-time Barnes Shop Sales Associates for the Parkway location to deliver consistent and superior customer service in the Barnes Shop.
Sales Associates must be able to work flexible hours, including evenings and weekends and this position is scheduled for approximately 24 hours/week.
Established as an educational institution the Barnes Foundation carries out its mission by promoting appreciation of the arts and horticultural science, through the preservation, presentation, and interpretation of the collections of Albert C. and Laura L. Barnes.
Celebrated for its exceptional breadth, depth, and quality, the Barnes Foundation's art collection includes works by some of the greatest European and American masters of impressionism, post-impressionist, and early modern art, as well as African sculpture, Pennsylvania German decorative arts, Native American textiles, metalwork, and more. The 12-acre Arboretum contains over 3,000 species of woody plants and trees.
The Foundation engages diverse audiences through its exceptional collections and related high-quality programs that reflect a broad range of periods and cultures and build on the founders’ innovative educational vision of transforming lives through the arts and horticulture.
- Greets Customers, answers visitor questions about the store and its merchandise.
· Provides a helpful, welcoming and informative environment for visitors to the Foundation. Answers general visitor questions about the Barnes Foundation, its collections, its history, visitor resources, etc.
· Operates Point of Sale system, including transacting sales (cash, check and credit card payments), counts money, provides change and receipts, and balances drawers.
· Sells memberships to the Barnes Foundation.
- Follows Shop procedures for opening/closing tasks.
- Works with Supervisors to maintain the selling floor in a fully stocked and visually presentable condition.
- Delivers consistent levels of customer service that reflect favorably on the Foundation and the Shop.
- Performs other duties as required by supervisor.
· Demonstrated sales success in retail environment
· Strong Customer Service skills
· Cash Handling Experience
· Strong verbal, telephone, and general communication skills
· Ability to work independently as well as on a team
· Background or knowledge in History, Fine Art.
· Must be able to operate a computerized point-of-sale system
· Reliable, high level of personal integrity
Competitive Benefits for 24 Hour/Week Part-time Staff Include: Group health and dental insurance; 403(b) with matching contributions; pre-tax transit and parking benefits; as well as paid vacation, and holidays. Part-time staff regularly scheduled for less than 24 hours/week are eligible to participate in the 403(b), transit and parking plans.
To Apply: Please apply online
Please include your cover letter, a list of three professional references and resume with your application. Applications that fail to fulfill this requirement will not be accepted.
The Barnes Foundation is an Equal Opportunity Employer and a Drug Free Workplace.
We participate in E-Verify.
Post a Comment