Floor Supervisor (Part-time)
Description: The Barnes Foundation is seeking a Part-time Floor Supervisor for the Parkway location.
The Floor Supervisor will manage the visitor experience associated with visiting the Foundation. This includes managing the queues into the Collection Gallery and Exhibition Gallery, pulsing guests as space allows, ticket scanning, audio distribution and ensuring that group visitation is supported. The Floor Supervisor will oversee a floor staff of 7-10 visitor services associates at one time. The Floor Supervisor works in partnership with the Visitor Services management and Group Sales teams to ensure a high quality visitor experience with the collection while also maximizing the potential number of guests we can serve in a day. The Supervisor also upholds and demonstrates the highest standards of customer service.
Floor Supervisors must be able to work flexible hours, including evenings and weekends and this position is scheduled for approximately 24 hours/week.
Established as an educational institution the Barnes Foundation carries out its mission by promoting appreciation of the arts and horticultural science, through the preservation, presentation, and interpretation of the collections of Albert C. and Laura L. Barnes.
Celebrated for its exceptional breadth, depth, and quality, the Barnes Foundation's art collection includes works by some of the greatest European and American masters of impressionism, post-impressionist, and early modern art, as well as African sculpture, Pennsylvania German decorative arts, Native American textiles, metalwork, and more. The 12-acre Arboretum contains over 3,000 species of woody plants and trees.
The Foundation engages diverse audiences through its exceptional collections and related high-quality programs that reflect a broad range of periods and cultures and build on the founders’ innovative educational vision of transforming lives through the arts and horticulture.
- Oversees visitation into the Foundation
- Carefully balances queues, pulses visitors into the Collection Gallery and relays information about availability to the Visitor Services Assistant Manager
- Smoothly directs groups and docent-led tours into the galleries
- Skillfully handles VIP greeting and entrance into the galleries
- Over sees audio guide distribution staffing needs, daily equipment preparation and all maintenance fulfillment
- Over sees scanning and queuing at entrance to Exhibition Gallery
- Communicates and coordinates with Visitor Services Assistant Manager to ensure maximum capacity is met per day
- Determines floor staff scheduling, maximizing volunteer staff usage and training opportunities
- Works closely with the Membership department in encouraging new membership sales as well as servicing current members
- Participates in the creation of the Barnes code of customer service standards
- Creates warm exit practices to ensure an extraordinary visitor experience and to encourage feedback for improving service
- Knows and reinforces the Barnes standards of customer service to all staff and volunteers
- Knows and troubleshoots barcode scanned error codes and executes resolutions quickly
- Assists volunteers on floor staff responsibilities
- Participates in staff scheduling
- Escorts groups to or from galleries before or after their introduction or private Q & A when necessary
- Coordinates with Family and Community Programs Manager to ensure seamless flow to the galleries during scheduled family activities
- Coordinates with Public Programs Manager and Volunteer and Gallery Guide Manager to ensure proper greeting and direction of public program guests
- Works cross-departmentally with Education, Public Relations, External Affairs, Events, Facilities, and Operations
- Performs other duties as required by supervisor
· Bachelors degree in Business, Tourism, Hospitality Communications, or related field
- 2-5 years customer service supervisory experience, sales, tourism experience preferred
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Confident, witty and charming when interacting with the public
- Organized and highly detail oriented
- Ability to work in a fast paced environment individually and/or in a team
- Must be prepared to demonstrate professionalism and exceptional customer-centric skills when handling the public
- Proficiency with Microsoft Word and Excel required
- Ability to work weekends, evening hours or holidays
Competitive Benefits for 24 Hour/Week Part-time Staff Include: Group health and dental insurance; 403(b) with matching contributions; pre-tax transit and parking benefits; as well as paid vacation, and holidays. Part-time staff regularly scheduled for less than 24 hours/week are eligible to participate in the 403(b), transit and parking plans.
To Apply: Please apply online
Please include your cover letter, a list of three professional references and resume with your application. Applications that fail to fulfill this requirement will not be accepted.
The Barnes Foundation is an Equal Opportunity Employer and a Drug Free Workplace.
We participate in E-Verify.
Post a Comment