5 Undetectable Ways to Steer Your Family Toward Weight Loss
Are you frustrated with the way your family eats? Do you want to help them eat healthier? You may not be able to control what they eat when they’re not at home, but when they are at home...that’s a different story. Here are five ways you can influence them for the better:
If you make it, they might eat it! Make it harder
to skip the high fiber breakfast foods by having them ready. Try this
experiment – slice an extra apple or orange tomorrow and see if it
Make it easier for them to reach the high fiber foods.
Place high fiber foods where they are most accessible. If you eat
around a table, put the high fiber foods on the table. They’ll be more
convenient for seconds. Serve the other foods away from the table,
making them harder to get. I find I’m less likely to reach for the 25% or less foods if they’re in the kitchen and not in arm’s reach.
Make the fruit bowl more attractive than the snack drawer.
You may not be able to get rid of the snack drawer, yet, but you can
slowly shift some of its budget to the fruit bowl. Here are some ways to
make the fruit bowl more attractive for your family:
- Declutter space around it
- Get a new bowl (Check out these bowls on Pintrest)
- Place it in a prominent spot
Prepare for dinner emergencies. Minimize unplanned calorie rich dinners out by:
- Stuffing your freezer with ready to go high fiber meals so you can have a healthy home meal ready in minutes.
- Making a list of nearby restaurants with high fiber meal options. And don’t forget: some of the highest fiber foods are listed as side dishes on the menu.
Fill ready to travel containers with high fiber foods.
Once a week, fill single serving containers with higher fiber foods so
they’re easy to grab on the way out of the house. Some could even be
frozen if they’ll have time to thaw before lunch.
Here are some ideas:
- pre-made oatmeal (breakfast on the fly)
Post a Comment