HEAD START LEARNING TREE JOB ANNOUNCEMENT
The fiscal Officer prepares financial statements; grant management reports and program budgets as specified by the funding agent. He/she assists and advises the Executive Director and appropriate executive team members on the management of grant funds. The Fiscal Officer conducts and participates in training and staff meetings as necessary. He/she assists the Board of Directors to secure an audit firm and leads staff to complete the annual independent audit, reconciliation of personnel on staff benefit programs and costs, assist programs in the self-assessment of programs. He/she reviews contracts for all collaborative relations and organizational purchases to assess financial impact and advise contracting officer on related issues.
· Develop, monitor, evaluate and report on financial control programs and procedures, including compensation and benefits to policy council and staff.
· Develop and maintains accurate charts of accounts and documentation for the allocation of program income and outlays, in-kind contributions and non-federal share.
· Prepares the annual budget, oversee and review the preparation of tax returns.
· Initiate and direct in coordination with other staff and parents, cost studies and comparative analysis of alternative strategies.
· Assist in the resolution of audit exceptions and the implementation of federal review and independent auditors’ recommendations and report all findings to management staff and governing bodies.
· Effective communication and interpersonal skills including the ability to work in a team.
· Demonstrated effectiveness in fiscal management and compliance with the Federal Head Start fiscal standards.
· Performs other duties assigned by the Executive Director.
Education, Experience, Training:
MBA in accounting with minimum of three (3) years of financial management experience in non-profit organizations or government grant funded organizations.
Certified Public Accountant (CPA) preferred.
We are an equal opportunity employer, dedicated to a policy of non-discrimination in employment on any basis including age, race, color, religion, national origin, sex, marital status or veteran status, the presence of a non-job related handicap, genetic information or any other legally protected status.
We require all employees and new hires to submit the following acceptable (as determined by the Executive Management Team) clearances: FBI and Pennsylvania Criminal Background Checks as well as Child Abuse Clearances and Medical Clearance, as a requirement for employment.
Position is full-time (40 hours per week)
Benefit Package includes employer contribution toward medical/Rx plan, STD/LTD Insurance- employer paid, Life Insurance- employer paid, and dental- employee paid.
Please submit all resumes by April 26, 2013.
Resumes may be emailed to HRemploy@HSLT.org or sent to Human Resources, Head Start Learning Tree, 5435 N. Third Street- 2nd Floor, Philadelphia, PA 19120
No phone calls or solicitation from third parties or recruiters please.