Public Citizens for Children and Youth is looking to fill a Communication Director position.
Interested candidates may refer to the directions on the attached posting.
Salary range is between $50 - $58.
Job Announcement: Communications Director
PCCY is a small non-profit organization with a big mission. We are looking to add a new member to our team who shares our passion and commitment to build public will for increased levels of investment in the programs and services known to help low income and disadvantaged children reach their full potential. With a mission of helping children thrive, the results of our work will improve the region’s competitiveness and quality of life.
The Communications Director will work with other members of the team to:
· Craft and implement press and social media strategies that focus public attention on the results of our research and policy collaborations
· Write blog posts that drive media attention to the critical issues raised by PCCY’s research and local policy efforts
· Employ state-of-art social media strategies to boost the number of influential individuals throughout the region who follow PCCY’s research and policy efforts
· Write press releases and press advisories promoting PCCY position statements, events, programs and reports
· Pitch to reporters, bloggers and producers stories or features that highlight the issues identified by PCCY staff as important and newsworthy.
· Propose and help orchestrate events that bring press attention to PCCY’s reports, policy efforts or to the organization.
· Book members of the PCCY board, staff and related experts on radio, television, cable and related media outlets.
· Write content for PCCY’s webpage and ensure that content is refreshed and up-to-date
· Identify options for how media strategies can bolster fundraising strategies.
· Master’s Degree preferred and five years experience
· Proficient media-oriented writing skills
· Qualitative skills that demonstrate knowledge of how to use data to create persuasive arguments
· Understanding of how advocacy strategies work and the role of media in such strategies
· Ability to work as a member of a team and make a contribution
· Strong and quick problem solving skills
· Creative thinking
· Preference given to candidates with skills in creating info-graphics and/or strong visual presentation skills that can effectively present data and persuasive facts
Contact: Please send an email a resume and a writing sample (600 word max) to Steven Fynes: firstname.lastname@example.org