Summary of Position: Responsible for the overall administration. Coordination and evaluation of all facets of the Human Resources function: healthcare, pension, training, development, federal regulations and employee issues. Supervisory responsibilities include switchboard and mail operations.
Duties and Responsibilities:
· Create and sustain a positive Human Resources environment.
· Maintain the highest level of confidentiality.
· Staffing responsibilities: working with managers to identify staffing needs and potential sources for qualified candidates, respond to employment inquiries, process applicant resumes, and conduct interviews, ensuring positions are filled within equal employment opportunity guidelines.
· Provide effective Orientation and Policy guidance for all new hires to the Agency.
· Employee Relations: Effectively facilitate the resolution of employee issues. Provide coaching to employees and managers as appropriate. Promote effective solutions, including discipline, guidance, termination, etc.
· Preside over disciplinary meetings with employee, supervisor and Union representative when necessary.
· Advise and oversee employee termination proceedings, and conduct exit interviews for all separated employees.
· Administer the labor contract, and agency policies with regard to: Healthcare, pension, compensation, benefits, conduct, work environment and discipline.
· Comply with Federal and State regulations.
· Update Employee Handbook and Union Contract as needed.
· Coordinate the revision of job descriptions on an annual basis, or create new job descriptions as needed.
· Monitor leaves time, attendance, timesheets and tracking for bi-weekly payroll.
· Administer the employee performance appraisal procedure.
· Prepare and monitor the Affirmative Action Plan.
· Maintain Internship program through schools and organizations, tracking on-boarding, attendance, reports and conclusion of service.
· Conduct quarterly management training sessions, (Anti-harassment, Family Medical Leave Act, HIPPA, Coaching, Documentation, etc.).
· File appeals, and act as a representative for the Agency at Unemployment Compensation hearings.
· Act as liaison with workers’ compensation and other employee insurance benefits, brokers, case managers, pension plan administrators and investment counselors.
· Prepare and oversee bi-annual informational sessions for pension/401(k) with Nationwide’s Financial Analyst.
· Create/update procedural forms.
· Communicate information to staff members regarding changes, updates, proceedings or any actions that are relevant to regulations (WC, LTD, Insurance, UC, Etc.), meetings, agency initiatives, time tracking, and/or compliance, etc.
· Planning agency practices; Employee of the Month/Year programs, Perfect Attendance, Employee Recognition, etc.
· Manager of two staff positions: Office Services Assistant and Switchboard Receptionist and substitute for those positions when necessary.
· Responsible for Meter/Postal updates, tracking, spending, postage, supplies, reports and maintenance information.
· Maintain employee records for internal and external regulatory reporting requirements.
· Keep President/Chief Executive Officer informed of all staff concerns as well as changes in Federal and State regulations that may impact the Agency in any way.
· Perform other duties as assigned by the President/Chief Executive Officer, and special projects as assigned by the President/Chief Executive Officer and the Board of Directors.
Experience: Five to seven years experience in the area of Human Resources with 3 years in a supervisory/managerial capacity.
Education: Bachelor’s degree in HR, Business or related field, or a combination of experience, training and education.
Special Skills: Excellent written and verbal communication skills. Comprehensive knowledge and previous exposure to all facets of Human Resources. Strong computer skills (spreadsheets, databases and desktop publishing). Broad knowledge and experience in Employment Law & Employee Relations, Recruitment, Safety, and training & development.