Human Resources Coordinator
Fare & Square is based on a non-profit grocery store model and is in development to open Summer 2013 in Chester, PA. Fare & Square will give Chester, PA residents the access to “good food right around the corner” that has not been available to these resident in a full scale grocery store. Fare & Square will sell nutritious food staples with a focus on fresh produce, meats, dairy, seafood, and frozen foods. Fare & Square will help stretch customers dollars so that they get more for their money.
Job Description Summary: The Human Resources Coordinator is the primary company HR representative at store location. Responsible for securing in-store staffing needs; posting and marketing job openings, pre-screening applicants, scheduling interviews, extending job offers, ensuring the completion of new-hire paperwork, scheduling and conducting orientations. The HR coordinator will also coordinate training for both new and existing store associates and coordinate communication of all HR-related information to store associates. He or she is also responsible for company, state, and federal compliance of all HR policies, programs and regulations, including file maintenance and security. Assists in employee relations investigations, coordinating employee reviews, conducting exit interviews, and other related duties.
- Pre-screen job applications and sets up interview schedule that matches the hiring needs for the store
- Extend job offers to qualified candidates for entry-level positions, confirming the candidates’ availability as well as the starting rate with the Store Director
- Monitor pre-hire screening compliance, partnering with vendors when indicated
- Ensure that all new-hire paperwork is properly completed; advise all new-hires of the documentation they must present at the time of hire
- Maintains good candidate and hiring manager experience by timely and appropriate communication (including dispositions) with candidates and hiring managers
Onboarding and Training Coordination:
- Coordinate ongoing associate training and certification such as food safe handlers and operation of store equipment
- Schedule and conduct new-hire orientations in groups (or one-on-one when indicated)
- Secure and coordinate the training schedule for all new-hires with the various department managers
- Ensure ongoing communication to store associates regarding HR issues and activities via the associate bulletin board; post letters from customers and/or management as well as newsletter information; maintain the suggestion box and associate bulletin board; present to large and small groups
- Conduct exit interviews if/when possible
- Under the supervisor of HR leadership, perform HR related interviews and investigations
- Assist management team in evaluation and improvement of the employee experience, assisting in best resolution of challenges at the earliest possible point of intervention
Payroll and benefits coordination:
- Record and resolve timekeeping issues for associates’ and management
- Review and enter payroll information into the payroll system
- Conducts annual benefits enrollment communication to store associates in conjunction with HR
- Working in coordination with the HR Dept, provide information regarding associate pay and benefits information
- Exceptional customer service and conflict management skills
- Proven effectiveness in verbal and written communication, including presentations to large and small groups
- Proven ability to execute multiple projects simultaneously
- Computer literacy skills; experience with Microsoft Office Suite
- Self-directed, able to work independently as well as part of a team.
- High energy level, strong sense of initiative, creative problem solving, flexibility, discretion, and a sense of humor.
- Strong organizational and time management skills.
- Ability to interface with all levels of staff
- Bachelor’s degree in HR or related field or equivalent experience
- Understanding of labor laws, regulations, and industry standards in the practice of HR functions
- Two years of recent experience in an HR function ( retail experience a plus)
- Be willing and able to attend recruiting activities at off-site locations such as career fairs
- Be willing and able to attend occasional meetings at HQ in Philadelphia
- Able to perform presentations to small and large groups
- Intermediate Microsoft Office skills
- Ability to use an ATS, payroll and other databases (Paychex Payroll experience a plus)
- Able and willing to work within store operations hours. Scheduled evenings and weekends required
Philabundance is an equal opportunity employer. Should you wish to submit your resume for consideration, please go to http://philabundance.catsone.com/careers/.