Based on a non-profit grocery store model, Philabundance’s Fare & Square will give Chester, PA residents the access to “good food right around the corner” that has not been available to these resident in a full scale grocery store. Fare & Square will sell nutritious food staples with a focus on fresh produce, meats, dairy, seafood, and frozen foods. Fare & Square will help stretch customers dollars so that they get more for their money.
Job Description Summary: Management of outreach and enrollment of prospective members for Fare & Square, a non-profit grocery store providing access to affordable food and benefits outreach services to the Chester, PA community. Fare & Square is a membership-based store. The Membership Manager will be responsible for all aspects of membership enrollment and services within Fare & Square. He or she will: plan, organize and execute in-store and community based membership outreach and enrollment events; manage communications with current and prospective members; manage member account information and database; and generate and interpret reports. The Membership Manager will effectively partner within and across departments on various projects, partner with the Front End Manager (FEM) to aid in providing excellent customer service, and support the Store Manager in developing, implementing, executing and evaluating goals and strategies related to member recruitment, retention, and satisfaction. He or she will create partnerships with relevant community agencies to assess potential value-added community services for members.
- Exceptional customer service and conflict management skills
- Proven effectiveness in verbal and written communication, including presentations to large and small groups
- Proven ability to execute multiple projects simultaneously
- Demonstrated ability to work closely with community agencies (volunteers, committee members, etc.)
- Experience working with and generating reports from databases
- 1-2 years minimum experience in membership development role
- Strong computer literacy skills; experience with Microsoft Office Suite
- Experience in supervising a team effectively
- Experience in point of sale and payment methods such as SNAP, EBT, credit and debit
· College degree in business, social services or related field, or equivalent experience
· Valid driver’s license and a driving record acceptable to company standards
· Attendance at offsite meetings at headquarters and in the community
· Two years of relevant work or volunteer experience
· Community outreach experience preferred, retail grocery experience a plus
· Able to work a schedule reflecting the membership needs which will include evenings and weekends
Candidates must be able to perform the key responsibilities of the position (with or without reasonable accommodation).
· Bend, stoop/squat, and walk throughout the day
- See, hear, and speak with sufficient capability to perform assigned tasks
- Perform office tasks using simple hand grasp, fine hand manipulation, and reach associated with assigned tasks such as use of telephone or keyboard
- Occasional lifting of up to 20 pounds from floor to waist height
- Occasional lifting of up to 20 pounds from waist to shoulder height
Philabundance is an equal opportunity employer. Should you wish to submit your resume for consideration, please go to http://philabundance.catsone.com/careers/.