The Women’s Opportunities Resource Center (WORC)
Telephone: (215) 564-5500·Facsimile: (215) 564-0933
JOB TITLE: Director of Lending and Training
REPORTS TO: President
OVERVIEW: The Women’s Opportunities Resource Center (WORC) is a nationally-recognized not-for-profit organization headquartered in
that promotes social and
economic self-sufficiency primarily for women, minorities, and dislocated
workers. Its subsidiary, the Economic
Opportunities Fund (EOF), is a certified CDFI which provides a wide range of
financial products (microloans from $1,000 to $35,000). Our loan fund is
capitalized at $1 million. To date, we have made a total of 435 direct loans
totaling over $1.5 million. In addition, we have packaged 45 loans totaling
more than $4.4 million as an intermediary for the SBA Prequalification Program.
WORC was recently approved as an SBA microlender. Philadelphia
Over the next two years, EOF looks to expand its market base and increase its loan volume and capital deployed. We are looking for a professional that is committed to meeting the needs of this underserved market, has demonstrated experience scaling a microenterprise organization and is comfortable with providing services to a diverse population.
A strong background in micro and small business financing is desired. Individual should have existing contacts with local financial and economic development providers. Management experience is required. Experience with ACCION MMS is a plus.
· Manages and grows the Direct Lending Program including staff and consultant supervision, program marketing, new product development, portfolio performance, asset/liability management, financial projections and assumptions, underwriting, loan servicing, collections, community partnerships and program evaluation.
· Responsible for loan portfolio quality and performance. Ensures compliance with portfolio standards e.g. that PAR 90 days + is less than 12% and annual writeoff below 9%. Implements and monitors credit risk program including risk rating as well as identifying, measuring, controlling, monitoring the risks with periodic reporting to senior management and Board.
· Coordinates and plans the Advisory Council and Loan Committee meetings by setting the agenda, preparing reports and documents, conducting the meetings and recording the minutes.
· Oversees training and TA services to ensure quality service and compliance with contract goals.
· Responsible for grant compliance and reports as needed for funders, Advisory Council or Board of Directors.
· Member of senior management team - develops and implements EOF business plan/marketing plan.
· Fundraising and capitalization - writes grants and secures funding and assists with implementing WORC’s overall fundraising strategy.
· Performs other related duties as required.
Salary is competitive based on experience and applicable skills.Benefits include: vacation, paid holidays, health insurance and pension plan. WORC/EOF is an equal opportunity employer and the board and staff value diversity in all aspects of employment. Interested candidates should send resumes to email@example.com.