At least three years secretarial experience as a secretary is preferred. Former experience with a law firm is a plus as well as familiarity with legal terminology, procedures and documents in order to efficiently manage correspondence, summonses, complaints, motions, and subpoenas.
This position requires the following skills
· Fluency in Spanish is required, including the ability to read and write fluently and accurately in Spanish.
· Accurate typing skills with ability to type at least 55 wpm.
· Dictaphone and/or transcription experience, strong organizational skills with attention to detail
· Ability to multi-task and prioritize
· Excellent verbal/written communication
· Proof-reading and grammar/spelling skills
· Professional telephone skills and strong interpersonal skills
· Superior commitment to client service
· Flexibility and sound judgment
· Proficiency with Microsoft Word, Excel and Power Point and Word Perfect, and able to quickly learn additional computer systems as needed
· Must be comfortable interacting with a high volume and wide range of clients and visitors, including individuals with mental health issues, and individuals who are under great stress.
· Must be able to create and use forms, organize files, track the status of a high volume of cases, and ensure that deadlines are met.
· Familiarity with court and administrative agency electronic document retrieval and filing systems a plus.Education
High School Diploma or equivalent required. College degree or equivalent experience is preferred.
Applications will be considered until the position is filled.
This position is covered by the collective bargaining agreement between Community Legal Services, Inc. (“CLS”) and the National Union of Hospital and Health Care Employees, AFL-CIO and its affiliate District 1199C. The current minimum starting salary is $27,100, and is subject to change according to the provisions of the current collective bargaining agreement. Raises and benefits are also governed by that agreement.