Call Center Assistant
Description: The Barnes Foundation is seeking a part-time Call Center Assistant to provide superlative customer service to the guests and maintain a positive image for The Barnes Foundation through phone sales and interactions. This is a Part-time, 24 hour/week position.
Established as an educational institution the Barnes Foundation carries out its mission by promoting appreciation of the arts and horticultural science, through the preservation, presentation, and interpretation of the collections of Albert C. and Laura L. Barnes.
Celebrated for its exceptional breadth, depth, and quality, the Barnes Foundation's art collection includes works by some of the greatest European and American masters of impressionism, post-impressionist, and early modern art, as well as African sculpture, Pennsylvania German decorative arts, Native American textiles, metalwork, and more. The 12-acre Arboretum contains over 3,000 species of woody plants and trees.
· Answers incoming calls from customers to take orders, answer inquiries and questions, handle complaints, troubleshoot problems, process exchanges, refunds and provide information.
· Accurately enters data and processes payments.
· Provides timely response to guest requests for information received by mail, phone and email.
· Disseminates information regarding various education and membership events, including the Merion campus.
· Actively up-sells additional offers such as membership, seminars, lectures, ad parking follow up customer calls where necessary.
· Assists in preparation of mailings and other communications with patrons.
· Creates Customer Service Issue records for all patron compliments, complaints or out of the ordinary situations or comments.
· Assist callers with any technical issues experienced with the website and escalate any issues to management appropriately.
- Keeps equipment operational by following established procedures; reporting malfunctions.
· Performs other duties as assigned.
Skills and Knowledge:
· High School graduate, or hold equivalent degree; some college experience preferred
· At least 1 year of customer service in a retail, call center, performing arts, or cultural institution environment; 2-3 years preferred
· Demonstrated excellent interpersonal, written and oral communication skills
· Excellent listening skills and the ability to ask probing questions, understand concerns and overcome objections
· Must possess a professional and friendly attitude and be able to quickly develop a rapport over the phone
· Demonstrated proficiency in computer applications
Competitive Benefits Include: Group health and dental insurance; 403(b) with matching contributions; pre-tax transit/parking benefits as well as paid vacation.
To Apply: Please apply online:
The Barnes Foundation is an Equal Opportunity Employer and a Drug-Free Workplace. We participate in E-Verify.