Please Touch Museum®, the Children’s Museum of Philadelphia®, a non- profit organization accredited by the American Association of Museums, seeks a Director, Visitor Engagement to provide excellent customer service for Please Touch Museum visitors through in-depth knowledge of the Museum’s exhibits and programs, overseeing and training team members of the Visitor Services department, and creating visitor services systems for efficient operations.
The Director, Visitor Engagement’s responsibilities include: build and maintain a strong functional team through coaching, team building and succession planning; refine and implement customer service policies and procedures; create ideas for new and/or improved hospitality services at the Museum; develop and implement trainings on customer service, first aid, and various educational concepts; ensure the operational effectiveness of all family and school programs for visitors; manage and support the assessment of departmental needs and the design, implementation and evaluation of programs; be a spokesperson for visitor comments related to hospitality services and general visitor service expectations; develop and monitor department budgets; and support weekly themes and coordination of special events .
- Bachelor’s degree in Early Childhood Education or related field required;
- Candidate must be committed to informal learning and the role the museum plays in enriching children lives;
- A minimum of five years’ experience in managing education programing in a large cultural, non-profit, or academic institution; excellent knowledge of evaluation methods;
- Working knowledge of educational and developmental theories of early childhood;
- Experienced leader who has been a member of management team, demonstrating excellent accountability, leadership, team-building, communication, mentoring, empowerment and resource management skills;
- Willingness to work a flexible schedule;
- Broad functional experience and technical skills in areas of strategic planning, business development and research;
- Experience in budget preparation and fiscal management;
- Conflict resolution and mediation skills necessary;
- Proven ability to plan, develop and coordinate multiple projects to meet business goals;
- Must demonstrate strong interpersonal skills, good judgment and be capable of communicating with a diverse range of individuals.
Please Touch Museum offers an excellent work environment with emphasis on play, a comprehensive benefit package and competitive salary. To apply for this opportunity, please send your cover letter including your accomplishments, resume and salary requirements to: Director of Human Resources, Please Touch Museum, 4231 Avenue of the Republic, Philadelphia, PA 19131; fax to: (215)-581-3182; Email: email@example.com. 215-581-3189 EOE