DEPARTMENT: Finance and Administration
POSITION: Staff Accountant
CLASSIFICATION: Exempt (salaried)
Working under the direction of the Controller, and in collaboration with the Senior Accountant, the Staff Accountant performs and reviews data entry tasks as well as provides general accounting support to the Finance Department. The Staff Accountant is required to handle complex, high-volume, non-repetitive transactions to exacting high standards. In addition, he or she is expected to understand all areas of departmental responsibility and to be prepared to perform duties outside the primary area of responsibility when necessary.
· Review fine income deposit summaries entered by Administrative Accounting Assistant for accuracy.
· Review, record, and reconcile all fine income payments via the internet.
· Reconcile all fine income accounts, prepare monthly journal entry and exceptions report
· Reconcile bank accounts.
· Review and compare recorded cash receipts in STS against deposits and report discrepancies.
· Review and record all deposits and credit cards on daily cash log.
· Enter all cash receipts batches into Solomon.
· Review all development batches for proper coding and descriptions; import batches into Solomon.
· Process bi-weekly payroll for the LEAP project.
· Maintain the file cabinets and binders (general journal entries, cash receipts, allocation batches, and timesheets).
· Prepare, enter, and maintain standard and recurring journal entries with supporting documentation as appropriate.
· Maintain monthly schedule and analysis of the deposit clearing account.
· Assist Senior Accountant with the month end closing process/procedures.
· Assist Controller with preparation for annual audit and responds to auditors’ requests for documentation.
· Backup to the Administrative Accounting Assistant and Accounts Payable positions during absences.
· *** Other duties as assigned/deemed necessary. ***
· A degree in Accounting is required; at the discretion of the Controller, experience may substitute for a degree.
· Comprehensive knowledge of Microsoft Office software is required; general knowledge of computerized accounting systems preferred.
· Experience in not-for-profit environment preferred.
· Excellent communication (verbally and in writing) and interpersonal skills required.
· Attention to detail, accuracy in calculations and documentation, computer keyboarding and 10-key calculator operation, and neat work habits are required.
This position has a Full Benefit Package: Health, dental, life, and disability insurances; flex benefits and retirement plan; generous leave time allowance.
To Apply: Please e-mail cover letter and resume with “Staff Accountr” in the subject to: firstname.lastname@example.org