|Davidson to host Public Safety Forum Thursday, Nov. 12|
I am hosting my 5th Annual Public Safety Forum from 5 p.m. to 8 p.m. Thursday, Nov. 12 at Yeadon Borough Hall, 600 Church Lane, Yeadon.
This year’s forum will address the issues of drug addiction and human trafficking.
The twin scourges of drug addiction, particularly heroin, and human trafficking are affecting our public safety. We need to come together as a community to address these problems – and my public safety forum is designed to identify resources and strategies to address these dangers.
Issues to be discussed at the forum include:
• What efforts are being taken to combat these two issues?
• What are the warning signs?
• What are the recovery options for drug addiction?
• How to support victims of human trafficking and prevent its spread.
• How to make your family safe.
Scheduled speakers and organizations include:
• Delaware County District Attorney’s Office;
• Pro-Act, which works to reduce the stigma of addiction and ensure the availability of adequate treatment and recovery support services;
• Attorney Frances M. Minnis of Oxman Goodstadt Kuritz;
• Hugh Organ, member of the Anti-Trafficking Coalition dedicated to reducing and ending human trafficking, who also serves as associate executive director of Covenant House Pennsylvania - Human Trafficking Coalition
For more information and to register call (610) 259-7016 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
I hope to see you at this important event Thursday!
| || |
Rep. Margo DavidsonD-164th District
Post a Comment