Friday, February 7, 2014

Replacemen​t SNAP for Food Lost in Power Outages

Do You Get SNAP (Food Stamps)?

Did You Lose Food During a

Power Outage, Fire, or Flood?

Ask for Replacement SNAP Benefits

to Get New Food.

If you get SNAP (food stamps) and you lost food during a power outage, fire, or other household misfortune, tell the welfare office right away.  You may qualify for replacement benefits.

To get replacement SNAP, you must ask within 10 days of when your food spoiled.  Contact your local welfare office or the Philadelphia Customer Service Center at (215) 560-7226.  Better yet, put your request in writing and get a receipt.


You will have to complete a form saying how much food you lost.  A copy of this form is on the other side of this paper.  The law allows you to get replacement SNAP benefits for the amount of food that you lost -- up to one month’s benefits.   


If your power is still off, call PECO at (800) 841-4141 to make sure PECO knows.


No comments:

Post a Comment