YMCA: YMCA of Burlington and Camden Counties
Location: Westampton and Lumberton, NJ
Job Description: Assistant Aquatics Director
Job Description: Seeking a full-time highly experienced individual to assist in the oversight of the day-to-day multi-site operations at the Burlington County Special Services School District (BCSSSD). Will assist in the supervision of aquatics staff and provide innovative leadership in program management, staff development and retention. Will support and cooperatively assist in the development, organization, and implementation of high quality, student-focused aquatic programs for children with special needs. Maintain safe swimming environment in the pool, on the deck, and surrounding areas. Create a safe and positive atmosphere that promotes safety and engagement. Strong interpersonal and communication skills, ability to teach others, supervisory and team building abilities are a must.
· Bachelors degree in a related field
· The desire and experience to work with children with special needs
· Significant experience as a swim instructor and lifeguard
· Current YMCA swim instructor or Red Cross WSI certification
· Current AED/CPR/First Aid certification
· This hands-on position will require the incumbent to teach swim lessons, lifeguard and supervise
· The ability to maintain a safe pool deck with safety as a primary concern
· Excellent swim skills, you must pass a basic swim test to qualify for this position
Salary: $30,000 - $40,000
Additional Compensation Details:
The YMCA of the Burlington and Camden Counties offers a comprehensive benefit package that includes Medical, Dental, and Vision insurance along with an 8% employer contribution to the YMCA retirement savings plan, a generous vacation allowance and free YMCA membership.
HOW TO APPLY
To apply for this job, please send your resume with cover letter to: firstname.lastname@example.org. Please indicate “Assistant Aquatics Director-BCSSSD” in the Subject Line.
Resumes until: 2/10/2014
Contact: John Garofalo