YMCA: YMCA of Burlington and Camden Counties
Location: Westampton and Lumberton, NJ
Job Description: Aquatics Director
Job Description: Seeking a full-time highly experienced individual to manage and oversee multi-site day-to-day operations at the Burlington County Special Services School District (BCSSSD). Will supervise aquatics staff and provide innovative leadership in program management, staff development and retention. Will support and cooperatively develop, organize and implement high quality, student-focused aquatic programs for children with special needs. Maintain safe swimming environment in the pool, on the deck, and surrounding areas. Create a safe and positive atmosphere that promotes safety and engagement. Strong interpersonal and communication skills, ability to teach others, supervisory and team building abilities are required. A minimum of 3 years aquatic management required. Will be a key member of the management team and responsible for program revenue and budget accountability.
- Bachelors degree in Physical Education or related field
- Aquatics Director with 3-5 years experience managing active multi-site aquatics facilities
- Experienced supervisor with excellent communication skills who is able to build and maintain positive relationships
- Excellent organizational and management skills
- Current CPR, AED and First Aid Certifications
- Strong swimming skills required
- Significant experience as swim instructor and Lifeguard required
- Experience working with children with special needs required
- Valid Swim Instructor/Lifeguard Certifications required (YMCA or American Red Cross)
- Masters degree
- NJ certified Teaching certificate strongly preferred
Salary: $40,000 - $50,000
Additional Compensation Details:
The YMCA of the Burlington and Camden Counties offers a comprehensive benefit package that includes Medical, Dental, and Vision insurance along with an 8% employer contribution to the YMCA retirement savings plan, a generous vacation allowance and free YMCA membership.
HOW TO APPLY
To apply for this job, please send your resume with cover letter to: email@example.com. Please indicate “Aquatics Director-BCSSSD” in the Subject Line.
Resumes until: 2/10/2014
Contact: John Garofalo