BUSINESS UNIT: Research Policy & Innovation DEPARTMENT: Research Policy &
POSITION: Program Manager DATE: January 2016
REPORTS TO: Chief Research Officer SALARY GRADE: E4
This position is responsible for providing management for a grant from the Pennsylvania Department of Economic Development to address the impact on supply chain employers to defense contractors whose funds have been reduced in recent years. This project is a regional partnership of 8 counties and requires traveling across the region. The position is responsible for providing comprehensive management, administrative and fiscal support of the grant in order to ensure the maximum effectiveness and efficiency of the program. This position manages and facilitates the overall operation of the program so that all goals and standards are met as outlined by the funding source. This position is also responsible for the oversight of the consistent, uniform and accurate completion of required paperwork and the delivery of consistent quality services. The Program Manager is responsible for compiling data that demonstrate an understanding of operating unit programs, policies and procedures. This position will monitor the grant budget, track expenditures and make budget recommendations working with internal staff and primary partnerships. The Program Manager is responsible for employer support, convening meetings, writing up notes and narratives of activities, communications across all partners, validating eligibility for service, and monthly reporting out of progress and performance.
1. Responsible for the management and implementation of the grant.
2. Develop a detailed work plan in collaboration with core partners to implement the grant work plan.
3. Support the contracting and implementation timeline for our sub-contractors.
4. With Philadelphia Works and our grant partners, convene the regional collaborative around these grant activities to share best practices and address challenges.
5. Work in corporation with Workforce Initiative & Opportunity Act (WIOA) Title I providers across the region to prepare apprenticeship contracts.
6. Convene monthly conference calls and quarterly meetings. Write and send monthly updates to all engaged.
7. Develop and manage relationships with external agencies related to workforce development projects.
8. Create interim and final progress reports to provide performance information to management, the collaborative and funding agency.
9. Responsible for providing draft marketing pieces to support the grant.
10. Act as liaison with business/industry, funding agencies and internal staff to review progress.
11. Maintain files, documentation, reports and correspondence.
12. Perform all other duties as assigned.
Program Manager (contract) 1-2016
EDUCATION, KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES
Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university with a concentration in Social Science, Public Administration, Business Administration or related area. Minimum of 5 years’ experience working in Human Services as a lead in managing a major project with multiple partners. Knowledge of business diversification plans, small business challenges and incumbent worker training.
Or, any combination of education and experience determined to be acceptable by the Human Resources Department.
· Knowledge of workforce/economic development programs and funding sources compliance
· Experience with program design and implementation
· Excellent written, verbal, interpersonal, presentation, planning and organizational skills
· Excellent management and leadership skills
· Ability to adapt to changing work environment and possess the flexibility to multi task
· Ability to interact efficiently with various levels of staff, management, government officials, and the public
· Ability to travel to various locations throughout the 8 county region (valid driver’s license and access to a vehicle is required)
This is a grant funded position that will end in November 2016.
Manager: ______________________________________________ Date: _____________
Director, Human Resources: ________________________________ Date: _____________
I hereby certify that I have read and understand my position description. In addition, I accept the responsibility of this position and acknowledge that I have received a copy of my position description.
Post a Comment