Wednesday, June 17, 2015

Be Your Own Best Friend with These 26 Affirmations

Whether it’s out loud or just the voice in our heads, we all talk to ourselves. And as you may have already noticed, the words we choose to say to ourselves can make a big difference in how we feel throughout the day. With our words, we can play the role of our best friend or worst enemy: Which would you rather have following you around and talking to you all day?
Be your own best friend by choosing one of the following affirmations and repeating it to yourself throughout the day!
Note: Women will probably find this list more relatable than men, but anyone can benefit from it!
For confident aging · I become stronger and wiser as I age.
· I become more graceful and live more fully as I age.
· The older I become, the more comfortable I am in my own skin.
· I feel more beautiful now than I ever have.
· Aging is a privilege many don’t get to experience, and I feel lucky to have the opportunity to grow old and wise.
· I appreciate life more and more every day.
· I embrace my age with pride and joy.
· Today I am the perfect age.
For a healthy body image
affirmation · I am amazingly sexy and attractive just as I am.
· My body amazes me every day.
· I am tuned in to my body’s needs and address them with patience and kindness.
· All I need to look beautiful is a smile.
· My body is mine and mine alone, and I choose to treat it with love and care.
· Only I am responsible for my body, and I choose to do what’s best for it.
· I am at peace with my body and all its parts.
For greater self-confidence and self-esteem
· I can achieve whatever I want and have whatever I desire.
· I am the only one who knows what’s best for me and I trust my inner wisdom and intuition.
· I am brave, powerful, and completely in control of my own life.
· I am already good enough and I keep growing every day.
For greater positivity
· I possess infinite gifts and talents that I will use today!
· I remain positive in the face of challenges. Nothing can get to me.
· I may not understand the good in this situation, but it is there.
For self-acceptance and approval
· I have nothing to prove to others. I accept myself just the way I am!
· I do not need to compare myself to others. I am the only judge of myself and I am already good enough!
· I am deeply fulfilled and happy with myself.
· I don’t need the approval or admiration of others because I already approve and admire myself.
For more on how to use affirmations effectively, see here.
And remember: Only you can change and control the way you feel and think, and the things you say about yourself. Use these affirmations to be kind, accepting, and loving toward yourself because you are already AWESOME.
-The Alternative Daily

No comments:

Post a Comment