Description: The Barnes Foundation is seeking an Executive Assistant to provide administrative, project management and budget preparation and tracking support to two Senior Vice Presidents: External Affairs and Communications.
Established as an educational institution the Barnes Foundation carries out its mission by promoting appreciation of the arts and horticultural science, through the preservation, presentation, and interpretation of the collections of Albert C. and Laura L. Barnes.
Celebrated for its exceptional breadth, depth, and quality, the Barnes Foundation's art collection includes works by some of the greatest European and American masters of impressionism, post-impressionist, and early modern art, as well as African sculpture, Pennsylvania German decorative arts, Native American textiles, metalwork, and more. The 12-acre Arboretum contains over 3,000 species of woody plants and trees.
The Foundation engages diverse audiences through its exceptional collections and related high-quality programs that reflect a broad range of periods and cultures and build on the founders’ innovative educational vision of transforming lives through the arts and horticulture.
· Demonstrates highest standards of discretion and trustworthiness in the handling of sensitive and highly confidential situations, communications and documents.
- Demonstrates a broad range of interpersonal skills necessary to communicate across all levels of the institution, demonstrating highest standards of professionalism, protocol awareness, and customer service in dealings with trustees, members and VIP guests; regional, national and international leaders of museums, educational institutions and governments; local and regional partners; the Barnes staff, volunteers, interns, vendors; and the general public.
- Performs day-to-day administrative activities for members of the Executive Staff, including correspondence; scheduling and coordinating board, executive, team meetings and general office meetings; answering phones, making travel arrangements, preparing expense reports, delivering messages and handling mail.
- Coordinates and manages the business calendars of the assigned executives.
- Proactively organizes briefing materials in advance of scheduled meetings, and drafts agendas based on outstanding or new business. Records minutes and distributes action items. Retrieves materials post-meeting and files or shreds.
· Generates and distributes to staff, and more broadly as required, notes of meetings, correspondence, internal reports, official external communications and other documents.
- Organizes and installs electronic and hard-copy filing systems for working documents related to high priority projects; separates out permanent documents related to the same projects for electronic and hard-copy permanent files.
· Maintains files, databases, and spreadsheets relative to business demands.
- Organizes tracks and culls electronic files for assigned executives.
· Organizes and expedites administrative workflow and special projects.
· Assists in the preparation, monitoring, and reconciliation (with Finance) of departmental annual operating budgets and other project budgets.
· Works independently and within a team on special, not-recurring and ongoing projects.
· Performs other duties as requested.
Skills and Knowledge:
- 4-year degree
· Five years administrative assistant experience supporting senior level management
· Superior computer skills, including Outlook, Word, Excel, and PowerPoint
- Excellent writing, spelling, and grammar skills
- Proficiency in proofreading; ability to edit documents
- Flexible, with strong organizational skills
- Sound judgment and ability to work independently to identify priorities, handle multiple issues simultaneously, and meet deadlines
- Professional and courteous demeanor and the ability to handle confidential information
Competitive Benefits Include: Group health and dental insurance; flexible spending accounts; short and long term disability and group life insurance; 403(b) with matching contributions; Employee Assistance Program; voluntary benefits; as well as paid vacation, personal time, sick time and holidays.
To Apply: Please apply online:
Please create a single document that includes your cover letter, resume and three professional references to upload with your application. Applications that fail to fulfill this requirement will not be accepted.
The Barnes Foundation is an Equal Opportunity Employer and a Drug-Free Workplace. We participate in E-Verify.