Housing Program Manager
The Manager of Housing Programs is responsible for the strategic direction, planning, implementation, tracking, evaluation, reporting, and revenue management of all housing-related counseling programs and activities.
QUALIFICATIONS & COMPETENCIES
- Bachelor’s degree in an applicable field preferred.
- Minimum of 5-7 years of experience in a project-management role, preferably in a field related to housing counseling.
- Experience and in-depth knowledge of loss-mitigation practices and mortgage regulation highly preferred.
- Understanding of current federal and state housing programs a plus.
- Strong project-management and organizational skills with the ability to manage multiple projects.
- Proficiency in budgeting and financial planning.
- Excellent presentation skills, as well as oral and written communication skills.
- Excellent computer skills including proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite and use of data-entry software and the internet.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
Housing Programs Management
· Develop, lead, and implement housing counseling programs in line with funding allocations and the Clarifi mission.
· Create, review, and refine process documentation sufficient to support counselor training and monitoring of housing counseling delivery.
· Oversee housing counseling workloads to ensure sufficient staff for demand; make staffing recommendations as required.
· Identify opportunities to streamline and automate processes to improve efficiencies and reduce cost; coordinate client-management system enhancement process.
· Analyze and create housing reports to identify and recommend agency response to trends; implement recommendations with appropriate level of approval.
· Develop and implement the housing initiatives included in the Clarifi strategic plan in conjunction with the management team, the President, and the Board of Directors.
· Partner with evaluation team to review and refine outcomes collection processes to report and improve client success opportunities.
· Report trends in client success factors so that they are accurately recorded and reported to staff, management, and external stakeholders.
· Partner with evaluation team to review and analyze client surveys; recommend program changes as indicated to further client satisfaction and improve overall agency program quality.
Program Funding and Marketing
· Develop annual operating budget for all housing programs.
· Collaborate on a continual basis with the finance and accounting team to analyze multiple housing-program funding sources and maximize allocations.
· Manage the grant-writing process for all housing grants and funder-required reports.
· Review and refine processes related to housing invoicing, reporting, and auditing.
· Partner with the marketing team to develop plans to promote and support housing-counseling programs; assist in the development and promotion of housing-related media events; and actively participate in any such events.
· Partner with the development team to identify and pursue alternate funding sources for housing-counseling programs to meet the demand for services within the region.
· Coordinate with outreach and counseling teams on housing projects requiring counseling staff.
· Work with outreach team to manage and strengthen collaborative relationships with other area non-profits, social-service agencies, governmental agencies, financial institutions, employers, and other partners in order to develop sources of referrals and program opportunities.
· Participate with national organizations, including the NFCC, in national housing-counseling efforts and promotional service events.
· Represent Clarifi on panels and committees relating to housing programs.
- Remain proficient and constantly updated on agency information, trends, and industry-related matters.
- Compose correspondence and presentations with proper spelling, grammar, and articulation.
- Communicate accurately and clearly to internal employees and external partners.
- Establish priorities and meet deadlines for concurrent projects and related tasks.
- Maintain regular and predictable attendance.
- Work a flexible schedule and non-traditional working hours when required to meet business need.
- Perform special projects and/or assignments as directed by management.
Position is based in the Philadelphia Office, but requires travel to branch offices. Candidate must be a licensed driver with full-time access to a reliable, properly registered and insured car, and be able and willing to travel to branch offices when mass transit is not available or unsuitable. Some regional and long-distance travel is required to attend housing meetings and functions.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The environment for this position is a standard office environment. The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job.
Fair Labor Standards Act Status: Exempt
Hours Required: 40 per week
If you wish to apply for this position, please submit a mandatory cover letter stating why you would be a good candidate for this job and your resume in one document to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Clarifi is an equal opportunity employer.