District 1199c currently has an open position for an Employer Liaison. Interested candidates must follow the directions on the posting attached.
– EMPLOYER LIAISON
Provides job development as well as maintenance of relationships with employer partners who hire on the job training (OJT) nursing and health information participants. Coordinates OJT assignments as well as works with employers to assess job openings for participants in the program to train participants to be Nurses or Health Information professionals as part of the Healthcare Mobility Project (HCaMP). The position began April 2, 2012 and continues through March 31,2016 as per the HCaMP grant.
Responsibilities - The Employer Liaison has these responsibilities:
1. Works with employers to develop OJT sites for 6 month RN OJT assignments as well as 3 month practical nursing and health information OJT programs and full time placements for all training participants:
· With IP Director and employers, develops OJT plan.
· Manages logistics of assignments, e.g. time length, hours, location.
· Works with IP Director on memorandum of understanding for assignments as needed.
· Regularly meets with current and prospective employers on site to continually develop and monitor opportunities for OJT, clinical and full time job placements.
2. Works with IP Director to develop and maintain employer relationships. May attend IP meetings. Visits employer locations to continually have a good sense of the work environment for the OJT assignments. Continuously looks for new assignments and new types of healthcare employers, i.e.: physician practices, outpatient centers and community health centers.
3. Monitors participant progress on assignments:
· Communicates with participants regularly while they are on OJT assignment.
· Works with Lead Coach to coach and counsel participants.
4. Teaches job readiness skills course as needed.
5. Keeps abreast of Nursing and Health Information Technology developments in the workplace, and with IP Director informs program of such developments.
6. Maintains accurate and timely program data records. Prepares required reports.
7. Suggests and designs communications for the program, as requested.
8. Works on other T&U programs and projects as needed.
- BA/BS Degree (or equivalent), preferably in related field such as education, social work, healthcare or HR field.
- 3 years experience including employer relationships, job development and program management. Health industry a strong plus. MUST have familiarity with employer environment; actual experience in an employer environment is a plus.
- Interviewing, assessment and coaching skills.
- Good organizational and communication skills a must, as well as proven ability to cultivate relationships with employer partners.
- Computer knowledge including Internet, Word, EXCEL, PPT; Publisher a plus)
- Must be able to travel locally up to 50% of the time and must have access to transportation.
Contact Susan B Thomas @ 215-568-2220 x5102 or email@example.com.