Development and Membership Services Assistant
Description: The Barnes Foundation is seeking a Development and Membership Services Assistant who will be responsible for data entry of membership gifts into Raiser’s Edge and Membership reporting and coding through RE. The assistant will provide continuing maintenance of data stored in the Raiser’s Edge database and liaise closely with the Membership department to provide sustained support of their goals and objectives.
Established as an educational institution the Barnes Foundation carries out its mission by promoting appreciation of the arts and horticultural science, through the preservation, presentation, and interpretation of the collections of Albert C. and Laura L. Barnes.
Celebrated for its exceptional breadth, depth, and quality, the Barnes Foundation's art collection includes works by some of the greatest European and American masters of impressionism, post-impressionist, and early modern art, as well as African sculpture, Pennsylvania German decorative arts, Native American textiles, metalwork, and more. The 12-acre Arboretum contains over 3,000 species of woody plants and trees.
The Foundation engages diverse audiences through its exceptional collections and related high-quality programs that reflect a broad range of periods and cultures and build on the founders’ innovative educational vision of transforming lives through the arts and horticulture.
- Data Entry and Fulfillment
- Ensures proper recording in RE of all membership gifts received by the Development Office, including checks and credit cards received by mail and web-based sales to be imported into RE
- Creates new records as needed and ongoing biographical updates to constituent records
- Maintains communication with Development Office staff, through gift transmittals and weekly gift reports
- Updates member activity in the RE through global importing of data retrieved from the ticketing software
- Maintains appeal and package codes within RE and provide regular tracking reports and analysis to the Membership Department
- Coordinates with Membership Department on best practices with ticketing software, Siriusware, as related to membership stewardship and RE
- Works with Membership department on executing fulfillment and renewal packages, and other duties as assigned
- Data Integrity
- Maintains RE records with accurate names, titles, addresses, salutations, and relationships.
- Troubleshoots, merges duplicate records, links spousal records and displays all soft-credit relationships
- Scans documents and uploads to RE Media Module; maintains donor paper files
- Receives all returned mail and enters or distributes for entry and update as appropriate.
- Develops routine data update strategy incorporating research options.
- Uses and demonstrates familiarity with other online sources for gathering information on personnel changes in government, business etc.
- Keeps up with news and trends in database technology and development methodology
- Development Reporting
- Under the guidance of the Development Services Manager and Coordinator, performs queries, pulls mailing lists, and generates mail merges from Raiser’s Edge
- Coordinates special projects generated from database information under supervision of the Manager of Development Services and Membership Department
- Organizes, coordinates and maintains the integrity of hardcopy filing system
· Performs other duties as requested.
Skills and Knowledge:
- High School Diploma required
· Development office experience desired
· Three years’ experience in general office environment involving considerable computer work required
· Knowledge of and experience with Raiser’s Edge 7 desired
· Skilled in Microsoft Office with advanced working knowledge of Excel
· Ability to handle sensitive and confidential information
· Self-motivated and comfortable working both independently and collaboratively as a team
· Strong organization skills including effective time management, demonstrated ability to coordinate and follow assignments through to completion
· Ability to work in a fast paced, deadline driven environment
· Extremely detail-oriented and resourceful to produce highly accurate work
· Ability to work respectfully and able to achieve results across all Barnes management units and with all Barnes constituencies
Competitive Benefits Include: Group health and dental insurance; flexible spending accounts; short and long term disability and group life insurance; 403(b) with matching contributions; Employee Assistance Program; voluntary benefits; as well as paid vacation, personal time, sick time and holidays.
To Apply: Please apply online:
Please create a single document that includes your cover letter, resume and the names of three professional references to upload with your application. Applications that fail to fulfill this requirement will not be accepted.
The Barnes Foundation is an Equal Opportunity Employer and a Drug-Free Workplace. We participate in E-Verify.