Nationalities Service Center – Job Description
Anti-Human Trafficking Case Manager History and Mission
The Anti-Human Trafficking Case Manager position will provide case management services to survivors of human trafficking within NSC’s service area. The position will deliver the highest level of case management services through effectively determining eligibility, assessing needs, identifying resources, making referrals, following up, and documenting client interactions and proactively supporting clients’ goals.
The Anti-Human Trafficking Case Manager position has internal contacts with NSC staff and external contact with clients, visitors, representatives of other social services agencies, and the community. This position has access to sensitive NSC and client information and is expected to handle such information with integrity and professionalism. This position is expected to represent NSC in a professional manner.
This position will report directly to the Anti-Trafficking Project Coordinator and participate in department and agency sponsored activities as necessary.Job Responsibilities
1. Social service case management to survivors of trafficking, including both pre-certified and certified clients. This includes:
· Eligibility determination
· Intake, needs assessment and service planning
· Orientation of new clients
· Securing resources and services related to safety, housing, health, legal, social, employment and other needed services
· Administration of direct service funds including all applicable recordkeeping
· Communicating with third parties, such as employers, law enforcement and others
· Maintaining accurate, timely and orderly case and database records
· Advocating on behalf of the clients
2. Conduct all activities within the funders’ and NSC’s guidelines.
3. Assist with monthly reports and other reporting per grant requirements.
4. Actively participate in weekly case meetings and other department, agency, community and provider meetings, as needed.
5. Maintain and keep current client case files and track other case related documentation.
6. Conduct outreach through participation in outside events and distribution of materials, as needed.
7. Carry out all assignments designated by the Director of Social Services and the Anti-Trafficking Project Coordinator.
- Attend relevant workshops or join professional groups as necessary to maintain professional knowledge and licensure.
- Adheres to NSC’s security guidelines and ensures the appropriate handling of sensitive information.
- Facilitates and attends relevant staff meetings to promote communication and execution of goals.
- Completes special projects specific to the function of the department or as needed for the department as directed by Supervisor.
- Other duties as assigned within the scope of position expectations.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Basic understanding of NSC’s mission, vision, values, programs and services, and business plan.
- Knowledge of legal and political issues, and community resources and benefits that impact and/or benefit the targeted client needs.
- Ability to effectively use standard office equipment.
- Possesses strong interpersonal skills as demonstrated by compassionate, courteous, cordial, cooperative, and professional interaction with diverse groups of co-workers, external business partners, and the community.
- Ability to operate a computer and use a variety of common software programs including Microsoft Office, spreadsheets, and customized databases.
- Adheres to all NSC and departmental policies and procedures.
- Attends all NSC in-services as required.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills and effectively communicate with individuals and groups.
- Knowledge of basic client management procedures for determining eligibility, assessing needs, identifying resources, making referrals, following up, and documenting client interactions and proactively supporting client’s pursuit of goals.
- Ability to effectively interview and engage a client in appropriate programming.
- Ability to effectively conduct one on one advocacy and/or educational presentations.
- Ability to work in a team structure – demonstrating ability to collaborate and contribute to the team’s work.
· Willingness to travel within 100 miles of Philadelphia.
Experience, Education, and Licensure
Minimum Experience: 2+ years of case management experience working with human trafficking survivors or survivors of other traumatic crimes. Fluency in Spanish is required.
Minimum Education: Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university in Social Work or related field of study. Master’s in Social Work preferred.
Licensure: Valid drivers’ license with access to reliable transportation or eligible for shared auto program.
Nothing in this position description restricts management’s right to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time.
The position is full-time and exempt, and includes benefits. Salary is commensurate with experience.
How to Apply
Please email detailed letter of interest and résumé to email@example.com. Please no phone calls.
Applications will be accepted until position is filled. NSC does not discriminate in employment because of age, sex, race, religion, national origin, and sexual orientation or for any reason not relevant to the qualifications of the position.