NATIONAL CONSTITUTION CENTER
POSITION: Annual Fund Manager
REPORTS TO: Vice President of Development
FLSA STATUS: Full-time/ Exempt
The National Constitution Center is the first and only nonprofit, nonpartisan institution devoted to the most powerful vision of freedom ever expressed: the U.S. Constitution. Located on Independence Mall in Historic Philadelphia, the birthplace of American freedom, the Center illuminates constitutional ideals and inspires active citizenship through a state-of-the-art museum experience, including hundreds of interactive exhibits, films and rare artifacts as well as must-see feature exhibitions. As America’s forum for constitutional dialogue, the Center engages diverse, distinguished leaders of government, journalism and scholarship in timely public discussions. The Center also houses the Annenberg Center for Education and Outreach, the national hub for constitutional education.
The Annual Fund Manager will join a robust Development team. Working with other members of the team, he or she is responsible for the management, growth, and stewardship of the organization’s upper level giving circles—the 1787 Society and the Chairman’s Circle—with particular focus on the annual fund. Manager is responsible for overseeing the implementation of relevant departmental cultivation, solicitation and stewardship initiatives, analyzing results of efforts, and meeting annual contributed revenue goals.
1. Create and implement a strategy to grow and cultivate donor base, with a goal of maximizing unrestricted annual support
2. Create, coordinate, and implement direct mail plans related to the annual fund
3. Work with the Development team, including the Director of Membership, to identify prospective annual fund donors among the Center’s existing membership
4. Work with the Development team, including the Director of Research, to identify, cultivate, and solicit new annual fund prospects
5. Create and implement a strategy to grow the 1787 Society and Chairman’s Circle, the Center’s upper-level annual giving circles, through donor engagement and stewardship
6. Establish and maintain positive relationships with donors, cultivating their support and identifying prospects for leadership gifts
7. Keep up-to-date on latest trends and issues related to fundraising in the region
8. Perform other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree required
- Minimum of two years experience in development and fundraising role
- Proven track record of successful past fundraising required
- Understanding of current trends in nonprofit fundraising and current practices in annual giving
- Experience with Raiser’s Edge or an equivalent fundraising database
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Excellent organizational skills
- Experience with fundraising and cultivation events
- Ability to handle confidential information, and proactively address issues
- Ability to work independently, or as part of a dynamic team
- Ability to work weekends, evening hours, or holidays, as needed
Please mail or e-mail resume, including salary requirements to:
National Constitution Center
525 Arch Street, Independence Mall
Philadelphia, PA 19106
No telephone calls, please.